镜像站点 · 本页由第三方 GitHub 只读镜像提供,非 GitHub 官方站点,不接受任何登录或凭据输入。前往 github.com
Skip to content
This repository was archived by the owner on Sep 2, 2023. It is now read-only.
This repository was archived by the owner on Sep 2, 2023. It is now read-only.

Out-of-band meeting to discuss flags #303

Description

@GeoffreyBooth

I think we should discuss #300. The current --entry-type behavior is quite far from my intent when I first proposed the --type flag, and I’m not convinced that --entry-type is better than what the original proposal envisioned. Also as we’ve seen there is a lot of user confusion around the behavior of --entry-type.

Doodle: https://doodle.com/poll/skk5fdgbh7am4845

P.S. If people want to discuss flags on GitHub before the meeting, can that please happen in #300? And this thread can only concern the logistics of the meeting.

Activity

  1. ljharb commented on Mar 28, 2019

    @ljharb
    SponsorMember

    Out-of-band meetings are a bit difficult to make time for; is there an urgency that means we can't resolve this in the next regular meeting?

  2. GeoffreyBooth commented on Mar 28, 2019

    @GeoffreyBooth
    MemberAuthor

    Our next meeting is the only one before Node 12 ships, and based on today's meeting we might not have enough time to resolve this in that meeting; and I'd like to improve the flag experience before 12 is released, to avoid negative feedback. Myles also recommended an out-of-band meeting in today's meeting. I think the goal of the out-of-band meeting would be to reach a consensus among the people who have opinions one way or another on flags, and assuming we don't have quorum then at the next regular meeting the full group can approve what this splinter group decides.

  3. SMotaal commented on Mar 29, 2019

    @SMotaal

    @GeoffreyBooth is this more of a digest and reflect versus planning thing, ie useful for those who want a recap absent any formal decision-making?

    If formal decisions are to be made, then I second @ljharb's concern on this being out of band and all.

    If this is regrouping for those who need to get caught up and find it hard to do so in the one-hour every other week, it helps to do that without cutting into our limited time slot — any other suggestions here are appreciated.

  4. GeoffreyBooth commented on Mar 29, 2019

    @GeoffreyBooth
    MemberAuthor

    Well if we can come to a consensus in #300, we won’t need a meeting. That issue was on the agenda for this past meeting but we didn’t have time to get to it, and Myles suggested an out-of-band meeting to make up for it.

    The Slack #esm has already had a bug report for --entry-type, that I’ve verified. I really think we should fix it before Node 12 ships. I’m not sure what the deadline is for getting changes in before 12 locks down, but I’m sure it’s sooner than the release date of April 23.

  5. GeoffreyBooth commented on Apr 3, 2019

    @GeoffreyBooth
    MemberAuthor

    Looks like there’s not enough interest to hold this meeting.

    Let me put it this way: does anyone object to nodejs/ecmascript-modules#66? If so I’d like to discuss before our next regular meeting, so that I can either address the feedback or propose an alternative. We have only one meeting before Node 12 ships, so I’d like to have a PR ready for consensus in that meeting.

  6. SMotaal commented on Apr 3, 2019

    @SMotaal

    How are you handling the extensionless symlinks relative to:

    • --preserve-symlinks

    • --preserve-symlinks-main

  7. ljharb commented on Apr 3, 2019

    @ljharb
    SponsorMember

    input-type wouldn’t deal with files, so it’d have no impact on symlinks; entry-type should be obeying those flags.

Sign up for free to join this conversation on GitHub. Already have an account? Sign in to comment

Metadata

Metadata

Assignees

No one assigned

    Labels

    No labels
    No labels

    Type

    No type

    Projects

    No projects

      Milestone

      No milestone

      Relationships

      None yet

      Development

      No branches or pull requests

      Issue actions